- A complimentary consultation is done with you at your home.
- We do a preliminary walk-thru of your home with you to evaluate and assess the property to determine the scope of the estate.
- We then sit down with you to explain and discuss the estate sale process step by step addressing all your needs, concerns, and questions to determine the best course of action.
- We transition your house into a sales showroom by doing a basic cleanup (if needed) and organizing all your contents into common types of merchandise for display purposes.
- We “stage” the home with tables, display cases, and additional lighting as needed to better display and promote items ensuring a successful sale. Any personal items which you do NOT want sold such as photos, letter, and other personal items will be set aside and secured or placed for your pick-up and removal prior to the sale.
- Finally, we do extensive research to assess the fair market value of sale items and then establish the most desirable pricing for each item to maximize sale revenues to you.
- Marketing – We advertise the sale through local newspapers, websites, and other media as appropriate for each sale. We utilize estatesales.net, a nation-wide estate sale listing website with thousands of subscribers. Photos will be posted on Top Tier’s website to let customers preview sale items and to also notify our subscribers of the upcoming sale. We display professional directional signage to direct customers and potential “walk-ins” to the sale.
- Sale Operation – We post appropriate signage for all “Conduct of Sale” rules and “Guidelines” and ensure implementation. We provide professional courteous staffing appropriate to the size of the sale. We utilize a number system to queue customers on their arrival at the sale for crowd and security control.
- We utilize state of the art “Square” cash register system for all cash, credit card and debit card transactions. The “Square” cash register financial software and system provides the most precise accounting and documentation available.
- During the sale, we will accept “Silent” bids on higher priced items. We evaluate each bid at the close of each sale day and will approve any bid(s) we consider appropriate respecting our goal to sell every item and to maximize the proceeds from the sale.
- We will meet with you to review and discuss the entire sale.
- There will be unsold items at the conclusion of the sale. We will gladly suggest and set-up charities that will pick-up any unsold items or we can make prior arrangements to have the items removed.
- Records and Receipts: You will receive a detail statement of accounts showing all sales, credit card payments, fees, our fee, and your proceeds. Utilizing “Square’s” financial software, we provide you with precise accounting of the sale results.
- Payment: You will receive final payment within ten (10) business days of the sales conclusion. Our records regarding the proceeds of the sale will be open to you at all times during the sale and for up to six (6) months after the sale.